HandBrake is a popular open source, multiplatform video transcoder. HandBrake 1.0.0, a new version of the popular open source cross-platform video converter, was released on December 24, 2016. After spending more than 13 years in development, this veteran software has finally hit version 1.0.0. It can process the most common media files and DVD/Blu-ray sources that don’t have any type of copy protection.
So what is new in HandBrake 1.0.0?
- New online documentation at https://handbrake.fr/docs
- Completely overhauled the official presets
- New general use presets for broad compatibility
- New device presets, now more up-to-date for common devices
- New web presets
- New Matroska (MKV) presets, including VP9 video with Opus audio
- Official presets from HandBrake 0.10.x are still available under "Legacy"
- New JSON-based preset system including command line support
- New JSON-based API for interacting with libhb
- Improvements to audio/video sync engine to better handle difficult sources
- Many miscellaneous bug fixes and improvements (over 1700 code commits!)
- VP9 video encoding via libvpx
- Intel QuickSync Video H.265/HEVC encoder
- Requires Intel Skylake or newer CPU
- Ultra HD / 4K color pass through (support for BT.2020)
- Additional standard frame rate selections in the graphical interfaces
- New Auto anamorphic mode maximizes storage resolution, replaces Strict anamorphic mode
- New Pad filter (command line only for now)
- New Decomb/Deinterlace filter settings and improved defaults
- Rotate filter now available in all graphical interfaces
- New NLMeans filter tunes Tape and Sprite for analog tape recordings and vintage video games, respectively
- Assembly optimizations NLMeans filter improve performance up to 10%
- Assembly optimizations in x264 encoder improve performance for faster presets by 5-10%
- x265 encoder quality improvements, especially when using tune grain
- High bit depth encoding support via external shared libraries (video pipeline is still 8-bit 4:2:0)
- x264 10-bit
- x265 10-bit and 12-bit
- Opus audio encoding/decoding via libopus
- Passthru now supports E-AC-3, FLAC, and TrueHD audio formats
However, Handbrake 1.0.0 still has some cons. For example, it does not convert videos into a variety of output video formats. It can only convert videos into MP4 and MKV output video formats that are suitable for Samsung, iPhone, iPod users. In the meantime, Handbrake seems powerless when ripping encrypted DVD movies or commercial DVDs, leaving you as nervous as a cat on the hot roof.
Handbrake Alternative for Windows - All-in-one Windows Video Transcoder
Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate is considered as the most outstanding Handbrake Alternative for Windows (10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP, etc). The multifunctional yet next ideal Handbrake for Windows alternative is adept at converting almost all the video and audio formats. Elaborately, it's capable to convert any video to over 200 video and audio formats on Windows. Another extraordinary point is that no matter you are inclined to convert Blu-ray, DVD, 4K video, H.265 video, MTS, MXF, MKV to MP4, MOV, etc. popular SD video format, import your HD video to Windows Movie Maker, Avid Media Composer, or transfer video to iPad, iPhone, Samsung, handheld devices for sharing, this admirable Handbrake alternative can efficiently handle them. It's the very cup of your tea. Handbrake alternative for Mac - Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac.
|-Professional DVD Converter: Converts any DVD with copyright protection and non copyright protection, including DVD folder files, VOB, and iSO etc.
-Powerful Blu-ray Converter: Convert Blu-ray to any formats quickly and easily.
-High quality Video Converter: Convert almost any popular video to nearly all video or audio formats, such as MP4, H.265, WMV, M4V, AVI, MOV, FLV, MKV, MP3 etc.
-Smart 3D Converter: Create any 2D video to 3D for viewing with 3D glasses, 3D TV, 3D Projector.
-Brilliant Video Editor: Cut, Split, Merge, Rotate, Crop, Trim videos and add subtitle, video effects, watermark, etc.
-Compatible with Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP.
Good News: Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate has upgraded to version 188.8.131.52, now Support NVIDIA® CUDATM & AMD APP so that encoding H.265, H.264 with 30X fast speed.
- How to Use Handbrake to Generate the Best Playback Settings for iPad?
- Full Solution to Fix Handbrake Crashes During Batch Conversion
- Solve Handbrake Stucking at 100% When Converting Video or DVD
- 7 Things You can Do with Handbrake - Make Full Use of Handbrake
- Handbrake output poor quality video issue