When you first turn on your brand new Galaxy S4, you're prompted to complete the initial setup. Here are the screens that you'll need to go through:
1. If you've inserted the SIM card, you would be prompted to enter SIM card PIN.
2. Next, you can select the language and access to the Accessibility menu to adjust the settings to improve the overall accessibility of the device. Tap Next to continue.
3. On the WiFi screen, tap your home WiFi network ID and enter the password to get connected.
4. On the End user license agreement screen, you need to agree with the terms and conditions and choose eitherYes or No to provide Samsung the error log data from any Software Update failure your device experiences.
5. Next, you can sign in your Samsung account or create a new account. If you would like to do this later, tap Skip.
6. On the Got Google? screen, tap Yes if you already have a Gmail account, and follow by entering the username and password. If you would like to skip the sign in, tap No, and follow by Not now on the next screen.
7. On the Entertainment screen, you can tap Set up credit card to enter your credit card information for game, video and music purchases. Otherwise, tap Not now to skip the setup.
8. On the Backup and restore screen, check Restore from my Google Account to this phone if you have previous backup the Android settings and app list to the Gmail ID that you used to sign-in in Step 6 , else "untick".
9. On the Google & location screen, you can leave both options selected.
10. On the Dropbox screen, you can sign in or create a new account. If you don't intend to do any of these tasks now, tap Skip.
11. On the Learn about key features screen, tap the features you would like to know to read their descriptions.
12. And lastly personalize your Galaxy S4 phone name and tap Finish to complete the initial setup.
(Click here for more Samsung Galaxy S4 tutorials, tips and tricks.)